This is a friendly reminder that Ontario has opened the application portal for the Support for Learners fund. The deadline to apply is January 15, 2021.
- About Support for Learners: https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-support-learners
- Application: https://www.iaccess.gov.on.ca/SupportForLearnersWeb/public/index.xhtml
- Is this available to the families of children attending First Nations school?
Yes, the support for families is available for children attending a First Nation school
For students attending a First Nations school, simply select:
- “My child is not enrolled in either a public or private school
- Then select drop down option:
- “My child is attending a First Nation operated or federally-operated school”
- How does the Ministry define special needs?
- Any student reported to be receiving special education programs and/or services by his or her school board;
- Any child enrolled in licensed child care reported to be receiving special needs funding or support
- Or any child identified as having a special need.
- Child does not need to have an individualized education plan (IEP)
- Is this available to the families of children enrolled in online or remote learning?
Yes, select the school board and school that your child would be attending if they were attending school in person